This webinar highlights recent trends in city and corporate clean energy purchasing, drawing on new 2020 data compiled by WRI, RMI, and REBA. Representatives from the three organizations, as well as guest speakers from local governments and the private sector, will provide an overview of 2020 city clean energy trends and findings from the Renewables Accelerator’s Local Government Renewables Action Tracker (https://cityrenewables.org/local-government-renewables-action-tracker/) and REBA’s State of the Market report (https://www.greenbiz.com/article/latest-trends-renewable-energy-procurement).
Speakers will discuss how cities and companies can work together to expand access to available green power supply options and highlight new WRI and RMI research on city-corporate collaboration on renewable energy.
- Christopher Kent, Green Power Partnership, U.S. EPA
- Holly Elwood, Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Program, U.S. EPA
- Tatsatom Gonçalves, Research Analyst, Energy Program, World Resources Institute
- Steve Abbott, Principal, Urban Transformation RMI
- Sarah Mihalecz, Senior Director, Education & Engagement, Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance
- Steve Chriss, Director of Energy Services, Walmart
- Stacy Miller, Sustainability Program Coordinator, Energy and Climate Regulatory Policy, City of Minneapolis
- Michael Forrester, Director of the Office of Environment and Sustainability, City of Cincinnati
- Peter Nierengarten, Environmental Director, City of Fayetteville, AR