Since the coronavirus pandemic catalyzed the country into recession, the U.S. government has disbursed billions of dollars in economic relief to Americans. Unfortunately, the people who need these Economic Impact Payments (EIPs) the most often have the hardest time accessing this vital resource.
People experiencing homelessness often lack a permanent address and a bank account, which makes it difficult for them to receive the payments the main ways the government sends them: through the mail and by direct deposit.
Fortunately, it’s not too late to help people experiencing homelessness claim their payments. They can still get a “Recovery Rebate Credit.”
During this 90-minute webinar, participants will learn:
• how to help people experiencing homelessness access their Economic Impact Payments;
• how to become a “trusted IRS partner” to receive rebate checks on behalf of people experiencing homelessness;
• how to navigate the FreeFile program to help clients file a 2020 Tax Return; and
• how to access the most up-to-date information regarding Economic Impact Payments.
The webinar will also feature opening remarks from IRS Commissioner Chuck Rettig.
Who should attend this webinar:
This webinar is appropriate for anyone who wants to help people experiencing homelessness access this substantial and important resource, including:
• housing and service providers;
• Continuum of Care agencies;
• outreach workers;
• health care providers;
• tax professionals; and
• members of the media and public.